“Holy Baptism is full initiation by water and the Holy Spirit into Christ’s Body, the Church.” (The Book of Common Prayer, p. 298)
In the Episcopal tradition, we baptize babies, children, and adults. We are also happy to offer a service of Thanksgiving for the Birth or Adoption of a Child.
Schedule your baptism or the baptism of your child with enough time in advance for a baptism theology conversation and orientation with Rev. Heidi.
We encourage Sundays with a special baptismal meaning! For instance:
- The Baptism of Jesus: the second Sunday after New Year’s.
- Easter Sunday: the Resurrection of our Lord! Flowers, new life, and the biggest feast day of the Church Year!
- Pentecost Sunday: seven Sundays after Easter, celebration of the Holy Spirit and the Church’s birthday; the congregation wears red and the sanctuary is decorated with red balloons.
- All Saints Sunday: first Sunday in November, a celebration of sainthood and a day to remember those who have gone before us.
- or a Sunday when our Bishop may be visiting (ask the office about this).